Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Out with the old / in with the new

This is simultaneously the last post on my Blogger account and the first on it's new home.

What you need to know.


First, I have decided to use my old company's url for the blog. This is www.resourcingstrategies.com. There are two reasons for doing this. First 'brand' - I wanted something which I could tell people about & that we'd both remember. Second 'corporate firewalls' - there are some big, prominent companies who have stopped access to blogspot sites as they are deemed 'personal use'. Either that or the writing was deemed too disruptive.

Second, for those of you subscribing to the RSS feed you will notice no change. Business as usual. You don't need to do anything.

For those of you not using the RSS feed you really should. If you need more information about RSS the BBC published a simple guide.

Third, if you're one of the very few people who subscribed via email I suggest that you change to the RSS. It's much better - honest.

The positive changes.


There are some technical changes that moving to Wordpress will enable. You can subscribe to an RSS feed of the comments for example. I will also start classifying the posts by categories which should help you find old relevant posts.

The negative changes.

I will lose some of my comments & trackbacks on old posts. Over the next few days I will try and restore them. Please be patient.

Other things


If you were currently linking to the old blog please can you change the link to the new one. The old one will remain up, at least for now but it'll add one more click to get to the new content. Oh, and thanks for the links - I really appreciate them.