Thursday, April 21, 2005

Very funny, but off topic (Macromedia & Adobe)

John Gruber, at Daring Fireball, has published a Translation From PR-Speak to English of Selected Portions of Adobe’s ‘FAQ’ Regarding Their Acquisition of Macromedia & very sharp it is.

I'm a big user of Adobe's Creative Suite (I have the professional edition, though I have rarely used GoLive). Photoshop is really useful as I am a keen photographer, I do most of my business diagrams using Illustrator (gosh I'm lost and frustrated having to use Powerpoint to do this now at work, but then Microsoft would never claim the drawing tools are a Illustrator competitor), InDesign to lay-out most documents (I use Word as a text-editor) and the full version of Acrobat to package up documents in a format that I know most people will be able to view 'as-is' (It also does great slideshows for sending out).

Of course Gruber's post has nothing to do with resourcing, but for poking fun at corporate-speak it's wonderful.